The Andi Collins Memorial Scholarship Program at Beckstrand Cancer Foundation provides financial support nationwide to individuals under the age of 25 who have been diagnosed with cancer, plan to attend/are attending college and who demonstrate financial need.
Applicants must apply via U.S. Postal Mail (only) and submit all required information in its entirety to be considered. The deadline to submit the completed application packet is April 29, 2012. Download the application here.
Beckstrand Cancer Foundation is pleased to grant the following awards for the 2012-2013 school year:
- • Eva La Rue Celebration of Life Scholarship $2,000 (x2)
- • Joe Cappuccio Hope Scholarship $2,000 (x2)
- • Andi Collins Memorial Scholarship Award $2,000
- • Myrtle & Turville Spreadborough Help Kids with Cancer College Scholarship $2,000
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- • Be under the age of 25
- • Be a lawful U.S. resident (proof required)
- • Have been diagnosed with cancer or have ongoing cancer, which is subject to verification
by your doctor
- • Be attending or planning to attend an accredited 4-year college or university
To request the scholarship, please provide:
- • Original essay (1000 word max.) about how your diagnosis has impacted your life
- • Completed application with financial info, tax returns and treating doctor’s signature
- • Copy of college acceptance letter and official transcripts from high school and college
- • Two letters of recommendation from non-related persons
To receive a scholarship, you must:
- • Maintain an overall 3.0 GPA
- • Be a full-time student
- • Accept award payable in equal amounts directly to the college or university for the purpose
of defraying tuition and other fees (books not included)
Application packets should be mailed to:
Beckstrand Cancer Foundation
ATTN: Scholarship Review Board
20341 Birch Street, Suite 310
Newport Beach, California 92660
The scholarship winner will be notified by July 15, 2012. Applications and supporting documents will not be returned.
Fund An Award
If you would like to fund a one-time or perpetual award through The Andi Collins Memorial Scholarship Program, contact Beckstrand Cancer Foundation at 949.955.0099 or download the funding agreement here.