IPA is a flexible and adaptable solution for cancer patients in need, designed specifically to avoid unnecessary hardship by filling gaps in conventional social services. IPA cases are initiated by partners in the healthcare community including UCI, Hoag, CHOC, PSMG, USC Norris, UCLA, Long Beach Memorial and City of Hope. Oncologists and social workers match patient needs to the IPA program and refer them directly to Beckstrand Cancer Foundation. All prospective clients are evaluated to determine needs and available resources.
Following admission, the program develops a transitional care strategy serving as a link between the temporary situation of distress and a permanent workable solution. Counseling and community resources are offered, and financial help is available until other interventions, which solve the problem permanently, can begin.
Financial Assistance is Available For:
- • Medical co-payments & health insurance premiums
- • Prescription reimbursement
- • Rent & mortgage assistance
- • Utilities
- • Auto payments & insurance
To apply for patient assistance, clients must:
- • Reside within our service areas in Los Angeles or Orange County
- • Be recently diagnosed with cancer or be in the midst of a recurrence of cancer
- • Currently undergoing aggressive treatment** in the form of chemotherapy or radiation
- • Submit a complete application and all requested documentation, including tax records and pay stubs
**Note: Long-term hormonal treatment after no evidence of breast cancer does not qualify.
For more information about the IPA program, please contact us.
Our Service Areas
- All cities within Orange County
- The following cities in Los Angeles County:
- • Artesia
- • Cerritos
- • Diamond Bar
- • Hawaiian Gardens
- • La Habra Heights
- • Lakewood
- • La Mirada
- • Long Beach
- • Pomona
- • Rowland Heights
- • Santa Fe Springs
- • Whittier